例：It is generally considered unwise to give a child ________ he or she want.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
21. As the story _________, the truth about the strange figure is slowly discovered.
A. begins B. happens C. ends D. develops
22. Surprisingly, Susan’s beautiful hair reached below her knees and made________ almost an overcoat for her.
A. them B. her C. itself D. herself
23. — Oh, you sounded just like a native.
— _________, I still have trouble expressing myself.
A. Well, not quite B. I don't care
C. Yes, you're right D. I'm glad you like it
24. To be great, you must be smart, confident, and, _________, honest.
A. therefore B. above all C. however D. after
25. Sometimes proper answers are not far to seek_________ food safety problem.
A. in B. to C. on D. after
26. — What do you think of store shopping in the future?
—Personally, I think it will exist along with home shopping but ________.
A. will never replace B. would never replace
C. will never be replaced D. would never be replaced
27. The factory and 65 percent of the raw materials, the rest of which ________ saved for other purposes.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
28. whatever is left over may be put into the refrigerator, ________ it will keep for two or three weeks.
A. when B. which C. where D. while
29. —You can have a pet dog, but suppose you get bored with it in a few days? ________?
— We won't, we promise!
A. Then what B. All right C. How come D. So what
30. Tom asked the candy makers if they could make the chocolate easier ________ into small pieces.
A. break B. breaking C. broken D. to break
31. ________, I managed to get through the game and the pain was worth it in the end.
A. Hopefully B. Normally C. Thankfully D. Conveniently
32. —I didn't ask for the name list. Why _________on my desk?
—I put it there just now in case you needed it.
A. does it land B. has it landed
C. will it land D. had it landed
33. His writing is so confusing that it's difficult to make out ________it is he is trying to express.
A. that B. how C. who D. what
34. If you ________faults but you still want the bicycle, ask the shop assistant to reduce the price.
A. come across B. care about C. look for D. focus upon
35. —We got here Tuesday afternoon.
—________Why didn't you call us earlier?
A. Good luck! B. You did?
C. It's no surprise. D. You are welcome
When I began planning to move to Auckland to study, my mother was worried about a lack of jobs and cultural differences, Ignoring these ___36___, I got there in July 2010. ___37___ I arrived, I realized the importance of getting a job ___38___ my living experience.Determined to do this___39___I spent several weeks going door-to-door for a job, but found ___40___ response(回应).
One afternoon, I walked into a building to ask ___41___ there were my job opportunities(机会)，The people there advised me not to continue my job search in that ___42___. As I was about to ___43___, a man who had been listening approached me and asked me to wait outside ___44___. Nearly ten minutes later, he ___45___. He asked me about my plans and encouraged me to stay ___46___. Then he offered to take me to Royal Oak to ___47___ a job.
I was a little surprised, but had a ___48___ feeling about him. Along the way, I realized that I had ___49___ resumes(简历). Seeing this, the man ___50___ at his business partner's office to make me fifteen ___51___ copies. He also gave me some ___52___ on dressing and speaking. I handed out my resumes and went home feeling very ___53___. The following day I received a___54___from a store in Royal Oak offering me a job.
It seems that the world always ___55___ to you when you need it. And this time, it was a complete stranger who turned out to be a real blessing.
36. A. doubts B. concerns C. instructions D. reasons
37. A. Even if B. Every time C. Now that D. Soon after
38. A. of B. at C. for D. with
39. A. on my own B. on my way C. by any chance D. by the day
40. A. any B. much C. some D. little
41. A. why B. wherever C. whether D. whenever
42. A. director B. attitude C. language D. manner
43. A. answer B. work C. leave D. refuse
44. A. for ever B. at any time C. as usual D. for a while
45. A. returned B. hesitated C. passed D. regretted
46. A. silent B. busy C. positive D. comfortable
47. A. pick out B. search for C. take on D. give up
48. A. dull B. good C. guilty D. general
49. A. made use of B. taken care of C. run out of D. become tired of
50. A. stopped B. knocked C. glanced D. appeared
51. A. right B. more C. former D. different
52. A. pressures B. agreements C. impressions D. suggestions
53. A. lonely B. funny C. disappointed D. satisfied
54. A. call B. tip C. present D. report
55. A. turns off B. goes over C. gives back D. looks up
① 凡本网注明"稿件来源：新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件，版权均属新东方教育科技集团（含本网和新东方网） 所有，任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站，在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源：新东方"，违者本网将依法追究法律责任。